- Group picture from the event
- The Festschrift volume
- The symposium will take place at seminar room 2405 at the Siebel Center. The breaks, reception, and symposium dinner will take place just outside that seminar room.
- Symposium program published
- List of invited speakers published.
The Festschrift Symposium will honor Professor José Meseguer, who will celebrate his 65th birthday in 2015. José Meseguer is a leading computer science researcher who has made key contributions to computer security, logic, rewriting, algebraic specification, formal semantics of models of concurrency and of programming languages, and a large number of other fields. He is the inventor of rewriting logic and the main developer of the formal modeling language and analysis tool Maude.
After obtaining a PhD in mathematics from the University of Zaragoza, and spending a period at Berkeley, Meseguer worked in the Computer Science Laboratory at SRI International until 2001, when he became a professor at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The Festschrift Symposium will feature presentations of invited research articles and essays, which will be published by Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science in their Festschrift Series.
Submission deadline for invited essays and research articles:
January 20, 2015 February 5, 2015
Festschrift symposium: September 23-25, 2015
We are grateful for very generous support for the Meseguer Festschrift Symposium from:
- The National Science Foundation
- Erwin Engeler
- The Computer Science Department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign